View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Here is the email I received from Olive Media on updating the Olive 04HD music server to Firmware 3.0. Both of my 04HD servers updated without issue and the new Firmware corrected issues I was experiencing with one server. I am only the messenger so perform the Firmware 3.0 update at your own risk.

Hi Dan,

If your Olive is running the latest software version (O.4.3.2), which it seems to according to your records, we can try and upgrade the firmware to 3.0 and this should resolve the performance issues. Please only do this if your problem is unbearable. The firmware update can also make your unit inoperable and is risky.

Please verify again that your Olive is on 4.3.2 or else installing FW 3.0 will cause irreparable damage to the hardware.

Firmware 3.0
• Installation of both software and Firmware updates can last up to 10 min.
• The firmware update can be installed by pressing a simple key combination.
• With the Olive turned on, press the following two buttons Top navigation button and Fast forward button, keep both buttons pressed down for 6 seconds and release. This will trigger the installation of Firmware 3.0
• Please do NOT turn off or interrupt the installation process at any time or the unit might be irreparably damaged.

Thanks!

Olive Support Team

Interesting....I must go check to see what version I have.