View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
Thanks. This is good info, and gives me a starting point. My room is most certainly unbalanced in that the left speaker will be about three feet from the side wall, while the right speaker is a loooong way from the side wall. The living room blends into the kitchen/dining area on the right. To be honest, with my current Aerial Acoustics 7T speakers, it works quite well.
Bud, my listening room is also a living/dining area with an open atrium to an upstairs area, so my listening room is similarly unbalanced to yours, only that I measured 1.5mtrs from my RH speaker to the front door, and approx 3.5mtrs from my LH speaker to my rear door beside the kitchen. As I said, and Jazzman repeated if you don't have much wriggle room to move your S5's out from the rear wall, focus on getting the overall symmetry of your setup dialed in as that will help tremendously in achieving a coherent sound stage and improve imaging. Yes, a horizontal listening position would be ideal, but is not practical in yours or my situation. So instead I focused on achieving a good near field setup with surprisingly good results. Of course, each room is different so you need to find out what works in your room.

Cheers,