Thread: Shunyata Denali
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
There are some inexpensive devices on the market that can solve the problem for low current devices but they also dramatically hurt audio performance. The Isotek is the only hi-end solution that I am aware of. We have developed prototypes that solve the problem and can handle over 30 A of current and sound quite good even when used with mega dollar amplifiers.
If we created a stand-alone DC blocker product, it would probably be the most expensive product of its type on the market. Necessarily so to perform at a level we feel is adequate to be used with +50K amplifiers without degrading their sonic capabilities.
One of the stand-alone DC-blocker I tried that performed reasonably with my Stereo1.0 Constellation amp, is Vibex Granada from Spain, price about €2500. Do you have tested this device?
----
Annotation: I mentioned the Vibex to give an idea of the price tag of a reasonable DC-blocker. I'm sure Shunyata can build a better one and then when it is included in the European 2000/T and costs not more than about €5000, then it will be a competitive state-of-the art power conditioner with DC-blocker!

Regards, Gerard

Last edited by GerardJ; 02-08-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Clarification