View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Ok just make a call to Boulder dealer, two of 3060 and two sets of 3050 sold so far, to drive Alexia and Maxx3. Cusntomer also us Ref40 as pre. Price is said to be negotiable , depends very much to currency exchange rate and at 100,000$ range
Every tiny move of the rate play big part. There is a traded in 2060 at a very good price too, Should I try?
Toga, I can tell you the new 3060 stereo amp is outstanding. It is a big jump in sound from the previous 2000 series and has superb engineering. It also looks beautiful imho. The sound character with your Ref 40 preamp should be excellent since the Boulder's neutrality and high input impedance means it will be compatible with any tube preamp. Moreover, Boulder amps have known synergy with ARC Reference preamps. Most punters who offer opinions about Boulder know little or nothing about the 3000 series, let alone auditioned any of those amps. I can email you the Technical White Paper for the 3050 mono blocks if you like? Just send me a pm. The 3050's share a very similar architecture to the 3060. Btw, I spoke to Rich Maez who actually prefers the sound of the 3060 to the 3050 mono's and said that is his favorite Boulder amp. Alternatively, you could look at the new 2160 stereo amp due out soon & add the 2110 2-chassis preamp which would come in about the same price. The 2160 is a dual mono amp which operates in pure Class A. Now that would be an awesome combo!!

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 09-06-2013 at 04:50 AM.