View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 01:02 PM

I have an ARC Ref5se, Ref2se phono and a Marantz SA10, all connected to an Everest. Sigma XC on the Everest and Black Mamba CX on the source components. I also have Parasound JC1+ amps plugged into a Denali V2, Sigma XC on the Denali and Black Mamba CX HC on the amps. I made the mistake of trying a Sigma V2 NR on the Marantz and was shocked by how much it crushed the Black Mamba CX. Deeper bass, bigger sound stage and less edginess with digital strings. The specific issue I'm focusing on is improving the digital tone of massed strings on some of my golden age classical recordings. Specifically Bruno Walter and George Szell. I'm getting pretty close, but the Sigma V2 NR finally got me there.

Anyway, I have a decision to make I can go one of two ways:

1. Three Sigma V2 NR's for the Marantz and the Parasound.
2. Two Sigma V2 NR's for the Parasound and three Alpha V2 NR's for my source components.

Number 2 is a little more, but it gives me two more cords to sell used so the spread isn't really to bad. I can't swing five Sigmas, but if I go with #1 I could get two more Sigmas as funds are available. I guess it really comes down to how close the Alphas are on source components.

Opinions would be appreciated.