View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 03:55 AM

Default ,d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
I'v heard a lot of both speakers. I'v also heard them side by side. For me it's a big difference. Amati is so much better en every aspect. The speakers are not fair to compare due to music reproduction. It's just a matter of you could spend the extra money for Amati Futura.
Amati is more like a real full range speaker and the music gets more full body and powerfull when needed. Soundstage is bigger, you get more involved in the music. The bas gets deeper and more controlled. The midrange is free and the voices is more natural and outside the speaker
Since I have been a good customer of my local SF/Wilson dealer for many years and have a great relationship with them, I was able to reserve their best listening room with both the Olympica and Amati Futura on separate afternoons using the same amp and preamp which I owned at the time—ARC Ref 6 and Ref 75 SE. I used my own recordings as a reference. No contest! The Amati Futura trumped the Olympia 3 by quite a margin as described by the gentleman above.

My only regret is that the Stradavari was no longer available and I sure would have liked to have heard it due to all the great things that I’ve read about it here including Ivan’s impressions. That being said, I would have had to hear the Stradavari myself and trust my own ears as to which I liked best.