View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy
Yes - I liked my time with Harbeth, they do very little wrong and sound great with just about any amplifier - you certainly don't need to spend much money. I matched my Compact 7 with LFD Zero (very good amp btw) and then my SHL5 with Luxman L-550A II (which later powered Quad 2905's) and got great results.

The SHL5 had about the right amount of bass in a domestic setting. Certainly it could overpower the wrong room, and I found sounded better on the long wall. I am intrigued by the 40.1, but it is alot of money when you can't demo them.

I suspect that your Shindo mono's control the woofers very well, which certainly is something I found in the Luxxie Class amp I had, whereas the LFD (Mosfet) was a little loose.

Thanks for your posts - they are always valued.

Sending you warm and kind thoughts
Thank you Andy.

That is the main reason indeed why pairing the CCQs with the 40.1 has been difficult.
All the other amps are anemic in the bass compared to the CCQs. The boomer impedance of the 40.1 is between 16 and 20 ohm. Right there for the maximum energy from the CCQs.
My 225 does not move it in the very first octaves. Hence no bass "problem".
The CCQs give the complete full range and expression of the speakers. Full potential means more problems with set up.