View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
. We know what Shindo says on this...what does Harbeth say about the matchup?

Jerome...keep on enjoying your system!

Possibly ironically, but my guess is AS would look at the specs and dismiss the Macs (as preferred by Georges & Jean Marc) as lacking sufficient power, whereas he's probably say a pair of 70w into 8ohm mono blocks would be OK. If the user still found issues, a discussion of room treatment would probably follow. However, if you showed him the specs of the majority of Shindo's power amps, he would simply shake his head!

(These are of course nothing more than *What I think he might say*, based on what I've read on the user group).

As I read this post, Jerome is simply stating that just because he adores the sound his combination makes, it will not be for everyone.......me for example, in my rather classic British Victorian semi with suspended wooden floors & a cellar below! Caveat Emptor ..... as always in this hobby

As an aside Jerome......if Georges would be up for it, I for one would be intrigued by your collective opinions on the Snappers with the M40.1's, although thats easy for me to write, I wouldn't be the ones carrying them up 3 flights of stairs