View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Don't you think the Ref75 can power Alexia's? I would think it can...it's got way more power than it seems.

I heard it set up that way once, but didn't do any critical listening at the time.
Marc,
As mentioned before elsewhere, when my brother was auditioning Alexia he believed his Ref150 was more than ample to drive them..
Sure enough it did, pretty well actually, but until the shop person switched to their old demo stock lying around - Ref210 (w/KT90s) did we realize what was missing and lacking from that of even the Ref150 in a side-by-side. Not so much of what it can do in term of ultimate loudness (dB), the 150 went plenty loud.. But 210's presentation were just a touch more grand (3D, wider, deeper), in-control, and effortless - albeit lacking some refinements of its newer brethren. Hence he is now contemplating Ref250.

Imo, Ref150 is minimum for Sasha to do their things right, and 250 for Alexia.. Or if it was me, good SS amps with enough watts and healthy current should be even better/considered ~ if Alexia. So again, I third the above recommendations to at least go Ref150 if staying with Wilsons - Sasha/Alexia. I know, Ref75 with cool meters is more of an eye candy.. Or you can always do the 250! Nonetheless it's your call, good luck.

Last edited by bvdiman; 11-28-2013 at 06:55 PM.