Thread: ChronosonicXVX
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 05:52 AM

I have taken a huge chance on this speaker for me. Typically, I'm conservative and don't rush into anything and from an installation standpoint I have been very careful to make all the measurements. But typically I wait at least a year after production begins to buy a speaker. Also, this pales anything I have ever done in high end audio into total oblivion. I still have to pinch myself to believe I actually did this. Did I actually purchase a pair of these things? Yep! I did. Incredible.

I really did buy this thing at the checkout scanner at Walmart. That particular scanner will always be memorialized in my memory. I was smitten by this speaker the moment I saw it and heard its description. I am so happy you like its sound. Its very beautiful and I believe it will work visually in my room because of its narrow footprint. Wilson has been so supportive I will always remember their kindness toward me.

I have not asked about a delivery date because I am not anxious at all about receiving the XVX. I have a wonderful speaker in my Alexx. I am much more interested in Wilson taking their time and supplying me a perfect speaker and also my dealer being totally prepared. They are actually looking forward to the task. I appreciate knowing that "6/8 weeks". I would anticipate the first or second week in January for the install date. If it comes sooner that's ok but I am much more interested in everything being ready than doing anything in a rush.

I just got all the details with the spike worked out. Wilson has sent me extensive pics of the spike. I have read the spiking procedure carefully and understand how it will be modified. Engineering at Wilson has cleared the modified procedure. It's very simple and elegant. Although in reality I don't think it makes much difference, the XVX will be able to be spiked about 1/2" off my hardwood floor on the typical metal slider. But emotionally this means a lot to me because it means that Wilson is not just interested in selling a speaker. They are interested in the customer.

Typically, I would have had all this figured out before I remotely considered something like this.

Last edited by Charles; 11-14-2019 at 06:38 AM.