Thread: My Last Hurrah
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 09:15 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Ivan, it takes patience to get exactly what you want. The trip to Italy would be to hear the Se17 in the SF demonstration room. I am encouraged the wait is a year because that means the demand is high (relatively) and that you are getting a truly custom speaker yet one that is selling. Take the trip now, get on the waiting list, and get everything else ready including the room. I am excited and happy for you. I believe it will be worth the wait but you must get started. Don't wind up with some monstrosity.
I'm sorry, it's just hard for me to believe that the SE 17s with the Accuphase system would be so much better than the Burmester/SF Aida system that one would spend how many hundreds of thousands of $$$$$ to get there. There's no question that it may be a more technologically advanced loudspeaker and perhaps the best that Sonus has developed but light years ahead to justify the time and expense? Can't see it. Even though the caveats about the "super speakers" have been well laid out in this thread, I think you'd have to be there in order to advance sound quality to the point that the Burmester/Aida system would be a distant second place.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3