View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
The SR-2 arrived. Besides getting it out of the dam tube, installation is easy. I had to play around to find the best location. Laying on the windowsill worked fine for most stations, but the NPR stations would not come in at all.

Finally found best bet for now, clear taped the mounting bracket to the window with the whip up. After finding best spot seems to work very well. The Mc never sounded better.
I laughed with your comment about getting the antenna out of the tube. I spent more time opening that darn tube than I spent installing the antenna!!!!! I have access to the attic of my house so I was able to mount it inside the attic. The antenna is about 25 feet above ground level. I have been enjoying the FM stations a great deal. Happy I made the move.
Ed
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD