View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Robert........I know what you mean. I was enjoying the search and research, too. I actually looked at, and read about a number of other phono preamps, although they did not merit attention or comment.

Recently I brought home a hand built dual mono phono preamp with independent external power supply for an audition, and to write a review for the engineer who created it. I was quite impressed with this solid state phono stage preamp, especially since it was built on electronic peg boards in two utility project boxes, and very much "in the rough" so to speak. This person is quite famous in his own right, and is personal friends with Nelson Pass, who has reviewed this engineer's amplifier designs in Electronic Magazine and Audio Magazine. This phono preamp is now being built on custom printed circuit boards using premium close tolerance parts, and should come to market in the near future. I am not at liberty to talk about it more than what I have said here, but it was a surprisingly clean phono preamp for a first off prototype.
Congrats Dan....she sure is a beauty Even though I'm not into vinyl...can't wait for your fabulous review.

mmmm......could that engineer be the infamous John Curl?