View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 10:32 PM

Default Rack configuration VS dedicated 20A lines

Hey there,

When I ran some dedicated lines a few years ago, I ran one for the front wall and one on the right side wall. At the time, I had my amplifier sitting alone in front between the two speakers and the rest of the gear was on another rack on the side. But now I am using an integrated amplifier and all my gear is in front. I don't like my rack configuration as it is (two high an asymetric) and I was looking for a piece of furniture more suited for a family room, sort of credenza, so that all my gear would be lower and clear the view for the screen. That was the initial plan...

Then I told myself that I could keep my existing rack and reconfigure it as it was back then. I would keep only the amplifier in front and move all my digital gear on the other dedicated line on the side wall. Would there be audio benefits to separate the amplifier and the rest of my system on two different lines? Or just plug everything in front (that would mean I would need a new furniture) and not worry about power?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6549.jpg (83.0 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg DSC05157.jpg (86.5 KB, 179 views)