View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post

If they offered a re-issue (with tweaks and fixes), I would buy it.
Maybe they could offer a new, upgrade-style mod with tweaks and fixes so that existing owners wouldn't have to (re)buy a new one, they could just send their own amp in for the mod.

I wonder what they'd do different if they could have an amp back and re-visit the design from an intellectual perspective? Would it be a rethink of the power supply, main circuit topology, or output devices? Interesting to think about. It reminds me of how Nelson Pass started out with the original First Watt design, then continued to rethink that original topology with subsequent First Watt designs.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.