Thread: My Last Hurrah
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
And therein lies the rub.
This is clearly all opinion but one way to find out is to get several A-250s and top of the line Accuphase pre and put them into the Aida system. I tend to think the result will be astonishing as the Accuphase and associated pre-amp, at least to me, are a big step up sonically and musically speaking and then some from the Burmester amps, more soul, more musical. The Burmester gear is still world class and I like the match with the Aidas so not bashing by any stretch of the imagination....

***In the proposed conifg, if you are still running the Burmester power conditioner, then remove it as it matches the amps in how it shapes power for their best function and put in a full Shunyata TRITON v3 and TYPHON QR stack. That alone is a full system upgrade, trust me, Adam and others who have had our eyes opened wide by this combo's ability to upgrade an entire system's performance!

One other thing...in the above idea, the Grandioso stack and TT stay, up their usage, combined to 100% as true world class sources for that system. You might have to substitute for the existing phono preamp as I seem to recall that may have been Burmester too(?)....

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 07-16-2019 at 06:41 AM.