View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crytklmass View Post
I never thought a power cable would make a difference with sound quality so I never replaced the stock power cable that comes in the box. I do replace the cheap rca cables. I took a chance, spent some money and replaced my power cables on my mc501's first, just one amp and heard a difference. I then replaced the other 501, my mc205 and mx136. the cable is much thicker, Im no cable expert, I don't know why it works but it does, perhaps due to the thickness and shielding. whatever the reason it DOES work. The sound is cleaner. Same with the cheap rca cables and the kmart thin speaker wire. c'mon you MUST hear a difference too. After all I have $6000 amps, i'm not going to use $10 speaker wire with red/yellow rca cables. imo, buy it, try it, let your ears decide, you won't be disappointed.
Been using my ears ever since I can remember. And I could lie and say I have heard a difference just to fit in, but that's not how I operate.

New question, since you brought up $6000 amps. Wouldn't a manufacturer like McIntosh, who could put together a "superior" A/C cord for much less than retail, build their amps with one if it made them sound better?