Thread: Woo Audio WA6
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:18 PM

It's been a while since I have listened to headphones, at least 2 months or so. Summer evenings are usually spent tinkering with my other hobbies as I get to enjoy my other hobbies mostly in summer and fall.

This evening I decided to reach for the shelf with my trusty old Sennheiser HD600, plug in my Woo Audio WA6 and let it warm up for 30 min before I would sit down and enjoy an album or two.

For some reason Pink Floyd the Wall was on my mind, an album I have not listened to in a very long time.

As the Woo warmed up, with the big, fat Sophia Princess tube glowing in the darkness of my listening room, I eased the HD600 onto my head and hit play...

Wow, there is so much magic going on with high impedance headphones and tubes. You know those moments when you listen to your system and you are covered in goosebumps? Magic... I didn't even realized how much I missed listening to headphones and how absolutely mesmerizing headphones can sound when the pairing is right. Although I have spent most of my time listening to Woo WA6 with the much more expensive ZMF Auteur Blackwoods, the much less expensive HD600 simply reminded me how much value they offer as does the WA6 amp!

Silky smooth sonic signature, zero harshness, glare or hardness. Inviting, resolving without drawing attention to itself, the pairing sounds, natural, analog round and warm. The Woo sounds so right and wholesome, easily digging down to the very essence and emotional content that is so often absent with solid state. Love tubes with headphones.

Total goose-bump listening session.