View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 08:30 PM
Go Dawgs

Had a great time up here, we couldn't try any of the vinyl rips I brought since I spent too much time trying to sync up my Auralic Aries with Ed's wifi and it just wasn't happening for some reason. I hope the dang thing works when I get home. Anyway, everything sounded great, it was pretty interesting to compare the speakers in different rooms.....the biggest differences I heard was that Marc seemed to get a bit more air/ambiance/depth with his setup which makes since given his higher ceilings and more room behind his Alexias. Ed seemed to get deeper bass which again probably makes sense due to interactions closer to his walls and ceilings. We ganged up on Ed trying to convince him to go down the dark side of analog....don't know if we made any headway but we're trying.
Finished up with some pictures of us all with Ed's awesome Target lookalike dog Stella:

Notice wife missing from said picture.
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3