Thread: Bat vk-655 se
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 04:26 AM

Default BAT VK-655 SE - Capacitors (Super-Pak)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
No, it doesn't help that much...
I wonder if the essential difference between the VK-600SE and the newer VK-655SE comes from the replacement of the caps. I might wait a few more years and try an upgrade with some Silver/Gold Jensens, Mundorf top-of-the-line or even V-Caps instead of these old Aluminum/Paper in Oil caps that I have in the VK-600SE. Unfortunately there are so many caps inside this is going to cost a hole lotta money (probably a few thousand euros).
Cables: Audioquest Sky XLR 72v DBS, Audioquest Everest DBS 72V, Audioquest NRG-10 72V DBS, Audioquest Diamond USB 216V DBS
Rack: Mapleshade Platforms
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Elite EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3

I am not familiar how this site works, sorry.

As for the BAT VK-655 SE :

2 weeks ago I recieved an email from Balanced (Viktor Khomenko) where was made clear that any owner of a VK-600 SE (or monoblock) can UPGRADE his BAT-PAK with the new SUPER-PAK from the VK 655 SE.

This would cover about 80% of the better and more refined performance of the new VK-655. And that is great news for all VK-600 SE owners.
Note that the cost is a considerably 3.500 USD. But certainly worth the price ! Hope to have been of assistance to anyone.

Koen. (user KVD)