View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Billk, larevoj and karsajid,

Thanks all for the inputs. You guys have opened my mind to even other options.

Bill, my budget is around $13k extra, but in case I decide to sell my C2300, I can probably get another $6k for it.

I should have mentioned before, but the upgrade from the mc402 to 2 x mc601 are already on the way. Just waiting for delivery.

I really like Mc sound signature and there is no wish really to stir away from it. This whole thing started with the wish to upgrade only the phono section of the C2300. Since I have a close friend that has very similar setup (futuras + 601) but uses Ref5, which i really like also, I opened my options to include a ref 5 on the equation, but going for the less expensive PH8 (compared to the Ref2).

I am really excited with some of the responses here regarding just getting the Ref2 and leave the rest as it is. Some have warned me that Ref5 + PH8 has to low overall gain (tks for this heads up), but do you know if the C2300 + PH8 would have this same low overall gain?? If I am not mistaken, C2300 (15dB) + PH8 (58dB), is it too low?? only 3dB more than ref5+ph8.

Once again, thanks a lot for all the help.