View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Thank you Stephen,

I was right now writing to the greek importer to ask him the main differences in sound between the Corton Charlemagne EL34 and the Corton 80 ( KT88 ) but really, even made by Shindo, I don't see the point of getting an other KT88 amp...
Yes I listen to EL34 designs before and I always liked them so I think that I should like these monoblocks.
This is a tough question for you but I do ask it anyway : do you think that they could make the EB1i sing for moderate volumes of course ?
Oh and BTW, I don't know why but the Montrachet is more powerful than the Corton : 30 W against 25W
Maybe becuase of the beefier transfos, the Corton is supposed to be more involving and dynamic than the Montrachet according to the greek importer. The Montrachet needs a very well thought system to sing perfectly, like yours indeed.... : this is the opinion of Mr. Batjakis " Montrachet has a low profile character. Gentle and discreet. It needs careful system set-up to deliver.
Corton EL34 presents an exciting perspective to musical reproduction. Beautifully balanced with the immediacy one would expect from a SE amplifier but with the solid foundation of PP. Can be addictive in the right system. One of my favorite amplifiers."
What about the Shindo Corton-Charlemagne Q. It's also base on EL34. Class A, 70W @ 8 ohm.