View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCR View Post
Well, for better or for worst, I did order the two Thor Hammer today...this will either be one of the biggest upgrade I make, or one of the dummest investing in my system. I am obviously leaning toward the first one! I should have them in 4 weeks or so...

Still-One: Thanks! In fact I had to get two controller because I will run the one sub per channel, and the crossover merge the left and right channel into the sub output...so need two of them!

trponhunter: I understand your point and the possibility of tuning with 6 subs. However currently my 6 subs are setup exactly the same (cutoff and volume). I experimented a lot with them over the past two years and always found the best result, for my system, to be all 6 subs working the same. I am not a big fan of room correction - at least once again not in my system... SO in my case for my system in my listening room, I am still leaning toward the fact two Thor will be better then 6 REL.

Bart and Marsalis: I did consider them, however I never eard them to be honest. I am sure they are very good, but based on my previous experience with my Wilson Watch Dog, and the fact I always like the bass of the Wilson, my dealer and I were both leaning more toward the Thor setup, giving me the choice of amplification. And I did listen to the Thor on few demo system over the past few years, and was always impressed with the systems when they were in it, even if I was not a big fan of the other equipment being used in those setup...

Time will tell, to be exact in 4 weeks time I should know and will report back for sure.
Jacques, Well big congratulations!! I think you have made the correct choice for an ultimate system. With 2 Hammer's run true mono (not summed) you will never remotely over load them. I would give them plenty of power if you have the amps so that the amp is always loafing along. I have found the Hammer to be a remarkably good "woofer". Its upper bass is certainly as good as a Maxx3 and the Maxx3 is know for its bass quality. Again, huge congrats, great sagacity/wisdom. You deserve the best and now you will have it. I know of no system anywhere that could truly/significantly surpass yours once it is properly setup and fine tuned

Last edited by Charles; 04-18-2015 at 01:49 PM.