View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Stephen,

Rega is working on the P10. We don't know the final look yet and when it will be released. My guess is around april / may 2012.
But you will maybe have occasions to grab a P9 at a nice price. ( I won't sell the P9 and won't personnaly go for the P10 because the P9 is the perfect table for me, but other P9 users could follow this route ).
If you consider moving up the line, I think that the P5 should replace your Clearaudio table as your mono deck.
Jérôme,
I'm with you on that; I really like the P9, and especially it's wood surround, so I would want one of those over a P10. Maybe the price will come down on P9s in advance of it being discontinued for the P10 like they did on the P3/24 and the P5s!

I'm thinking that I agree on keeping the P5 instead of the Concept; the only catch is that I would need to get a different mono cartridge, as I have a Grado right now, and it does not hum with the Clearaudio, but it would with the Rega. I've been kind of thinking of going upscale with a better mono cartridge but it's rather low on my list of priorities at the moment. So, well have to see on that one.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-01-2011 at 03:01 AM.