View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 02:37 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Jérôme,
Once again your wonderful writing and insights are spot-on. The Regas really make music, don't they? I've been spending the entire evening listening to my P5, and just enjoying it so much...it's been very gratifyfing. I LOVE this table.

I love my Michell, too, it is also wonderful but different. I liken the Michell to a fine Pinot Noir and the Rega to an excellent Zinfandel or Merlot, not as rich or full-bodied, but immensely enjoyable nonetheless.

That being said, I've just found out from my employer that I've been given the okay to do some "outside consulting" with another biotech firm, so I may be coming into some additional, not inconsiderable discretionary income over the next 4-6 months, and have been thinking that I may go "all-in" and get a P9!

If that were case, I'd likely pass the P5 onto one friend or another at a great price. I'd rather keep it "in the family" than have it go to a stranger. Or I might keep the P5 as my mono deck and sell the Concept. There's a thought....
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-01-2011 at 02:39 AM.