View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 01:33 PM

Just a quick update. Tried the full 1.3 ohms with one Duelund CAST 3.9 ohm and two 3.9 ohm Path Audio. These all broken in.
Well the sound is fine playing Jazz and Classical. but for some Rock. I find 'too much bass'. (Which really just means for my apartment, there is more bass than I want, since I do not want to bother the neighbors in any way.
For any normal person, the 1.3 ohm total would be just fine.)
So I think I need to go back down a little. Adding next the 100 ohm Path trim resistor. (Which is NOT broken in)..
So that is going to wait awhile. since breaking in may take weeks.
In the meantime I am playing with butcher block and the (seriously disliked by some folks for 'killing' the sound) sorbothane "Isolate It!" stuff.
No room for a butcher block under my Marantz SA-10. so I used some appropriate for weight sorbothane pucks under the SA-10.
Yes better sound. tiny, but yeah. Also seems more midbass showing up. Tradeoff too. more liquid. but a little less in my face. So more laid back. also tiny change.
SO I have a pile of Butcher Block Acoustics chunks of wood to work with. I am just waiting on more sorbothane pucks and domes to work out how I want to arrange them all I have coming sorbothane sizes for 2-5 total, 8-16 pounds total, 16-32, 28-68, 52-132 pound for four feet. Should cover any combo I can need for butcher block and amp, or other things.
I gave up on rollers. as my first attempt was worse than better. Still have one under a CD changer... no real difference. The hassle seems more annoying than the positive results.
After I settle the footer butcher block thing, Then I will go back to the trim on the 20.7 midrange.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 06-04-2019 at 03:11 PM.