View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnzz4 View Post
Received the upgraded analog 2 Yggy back on Wednesday and it’s been paying music since. Today is the 100 hour mark, and I’m very impressed with what I’m hearing. The last few days were a bit all over from woolly sounding at first to a bit strident on day two. Less strident on day three. Day four she is smooth as silk and the layering is emerging nicely. Original Yggy sounded a lot like day three. There is a new smoothness and body to the music with the analog 2. Very pleased and curious whether I’m going to see more change. This is one of the best audio quality returns for the money in a long time!
I did the upgrade right when it became available. I always have Yggy powered-up 24/7/365, although I did not use continuous music after the upgrade. Within 2 weeks most of the settling had occurred, after a month it will be fully engaged and bringing surprise after surprise to your ears.
Schiit URD CD Transport > Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC > Schiit Loki Max EQ > Bryston BP-26 Preampamplifier > Schiit Vidar Power Amp > B & W 805D + JL Audio E112 subwoofers (x2); Power- Shunyata Venom 16; ADD-Powr Symphony Pro & Eau2's; Equitech Son of Q; Cabling- Wireworld IC, Synergistic Research SC, Shunyata PC.