View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
Did the Siamese come with the Sonus Faber's???? I'm curious about the wall treatments. I assume you implemented them to cut down on reflection from the wall adjacent to the speakers. How did they turn out functionally? What measurements or process was followed to pick the location? I need to do something similar for mine. Great looking upgrades!
Hi Yamaki,

He is in fact part of a new Sonus Faber promotion. Buy a pair and get a free 14 year old Apple head Seal Point Siamese.
Though he is considerably more costly than the Guarneri's. :-)
I wouldn't trade him for the world though.

The panels were very helpful in taming the first reflections and clarifying the image.
Without them, the sound in my room could become tiresome to the ear. I had to do a lot of experimenting to get this right.
If I used a 2'x4' panel on each wall, it would suck out the liveliness and put to much focus on the lower frequencies.
They are only 2" deep so they are only effective down to around 140 HZ. It's very easy to over do it - at least in my experience.

I may also order a couple of 1" deep panels to use behind my listening position. I'm not sensing a problem, but from talking to a few reps about room treatment, they all said my room would likely benefit from some absorption behind my listening chair.