View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLG View Post
Lowers,

Can you offer any input on the Orangutans? I'm seriously interested in these as an upgrade from my current zu essence speakers. The cost is doable but obviously a sizable jump. I'd greatly appreciate yours or anyone else's input. As for my system it includes a leben r100u, Sophia electric mono 300b, among other items.

Thanks in advance for yours and anyone else's input!
The O96's a fabulous. I have owned numerous Wilsons and a pair of Sanus Fabers. These are by far my favorite and a superb match with the low watt Shindo amps.
They have the unusual ability to be laid back, but highly resolved at the same time. The bass is full, deep and plentiful and provides a very nice foundation to the music.
Soundstage is wide and deep but given the large front baffle the imaging is not up there with Wilsons or other audiophile speakers (I personally could care less about imaging)
The highs are extended, but never draw notice. They are a music lovers speaker, not an audiophile speaker as you will relax into their sound.
They are beautifully made, with a high gloss finish.
Last night I was listening to Chris Botti's live concert and it was breathtakingly real. So smooth, dynamic and "real"..excellent resolution. They are able to handle complex music without blurring of the stage.
Given their high efficiency they are a great low listening level speaker..all the details still shine through. Great on a variety of music, from pop to classical to jazz.

Nope this helps

Larry