View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschoonaert View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm a happy Triton v2 & Typhon v2 customer, and I was wondering if it makes sense to add a TyphonQR to that setup. Where Typhon v2 is a passive upgrade to the Triton, I understood the TyphonQR goes inline BEFORE the Triton.

Would it work to add this, and would it produce any benefit?

Thanks,
Luk
I have a Triton v3 and purchased a Typhon QR outright before Shunyata announced their Typhon-to-Typhon QR program. So when I installed my new QR I also had my original Typhon available to play with as well.

I think the improvement with the new series-installed QR is bigger than the original improvement I heard when I first added my original-style Typhon. Adding back the Typhon plugged into the Triton/Typhon QR combination was a nice little bump in performance, but if I had it to do over again or if I now had only one Typhon I would upgrade it to QR status and call it good.

Hope this helps,

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!