View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanji

Hi Saint.

The plan was to to go all REF MM2 all the way through, but due to budget restrictions at the time, had to go with a mix of XL & MM2. I am planning on upgrading though. The source cable from turntable to phono & phono to pre are MM2. From pre to amp are XL. The speaker cables are ref MM2. Both the XL & MM2 have similar characteristics, but the MM2 has noticeable difference. In a sentence, the MM2 has more of everything the XL has. More dynamic contrasts, more extended highs, greater, bass with greater texture, better separation of individual instruments within the soundstage. As weird as it sounds, the same music plays louder with the MM2 than with the XL. Both are really excellent cables. The biggest difference I heard by going to Transparent was that when I listen to music now, it doesn't seem like I am listening to a stereo.
That is an interesting phenomenon. When I switched over to TA, I experienced the same thing. I thought I must be going crazy. The music was louder with the TAs in place even when the volume was at the same level as before the switch. I, too, feel much closer to the music now than wee before. I can't wait to update the Refs to MM2, then making the jump to Ref XL MM2.