View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtranr View Post
Congratulations, mcpaf76. Having GIK'd two rooms here, I've found the traps to significantly improve the listening experience (and my wife agrees, though I've caught her giving them the side-eye more than once when she thought I wasn't looking ).

I suspect you'll find that expanding the height of the corner traps will improve what you hear to a not insignificant degree, particularly in terms of focus, definition. and the "teasing out" of previously-masked detail, not least in bass attack and decay.

Enjoy the ride.
Thanks, and I definitely agree, additional height would help, but for now going to stay with a single soffit in each front corner of each room. Maybe revisit it later. Just ordered 2 for this room and one additional panel matching the other 5 for the monitor. It will go where this is now. 20181004_170632.jpeg

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player