View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Yeah, I agree that looks better. Congrats! Be careful and check the size of the traps, I took the default and they are pretty big. If I were to do it over, I'd get a custom size and have it match up better with the moulding I have around my room. i.e. I'd have it come right up to the moulding, instead of being 4 inches taller, cuz it looks a little sloppy. Anyway, just be aware they are bigger than you think when you get them into your room!

Some people actually choose to get them all the way to the ceiling, but I think that would only look good in a fairly large room or behind very large speakers.
Thanks, I'm deciding in the next few days everything else I will get to complete the treatments. I played around with covering the monitor with another 23-inch inch square absorber panel last night. It seemed to improve things a bit, I'm going to order a 6th matching panel and leave it in front of the monitor when listening. It will easily slide sideways under the desk when I'm using the computer. My plan with the bass traps is to store them in the closet when I'm not listening. I even have an idea on the left side to open the closet door and keep that trap permanently in that closet it might widen the room a bit because the right side currently has a lot more space than the left. I just have to decide if I want to go with tri traps or with soffit traps and how high to go. My living room has 9-foot ceilings and I have a single 4 foot soffit trap on each front corner and they actually work great by themselves. So the option would be either 48inch I could go up to 70 or so, which would require a slightly smaller custom height for the one of the traps on each side of the stack. This is the closet I may put the left traps in, I'm not sure how this would sound. 20181003_201955.jpeg

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player

Last edited by mcpaf76; 10-04-2018 at 06:44 AM.