View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 04:41 PM

Default Planning to build the ultimate "Listening Room"

Building the ultimate audio listening room.

Well - that`s my plan. I will be building a room, literally "from scratch" to fit my existing stereo system (B&W 802 Diamonds (D2s), McIntosh MC452 & C52, Pass XP 15 and Brinkmann LaGrange).

Everything can be designed free - from room size to form to the materials that are used down to the power lines. It will then be finished with acoustical room treatment.

I am starting my "planning phase" and it`d be great to have some creative input or maybe even someone who can share their own experience.

I am planning a room size from somewhere between 30 - 60 squaremeters (too big might not be ideal, nor too small). Within the parameters I can choose the form rather freely (rectangular or square). Also the amount of windows and where to place them should be considered. Further I`m not sure on what materials to use for the floor. Walls will be solid stone.

It`s my project for the next 12 months (or more) whilst renovating and extending an existing home. I`m still not sure if I really want to integrate a home cinema or just leave it right down to plain stereo (certainly stereo playback is the main focus though).

Glad to hear your thoughts and advice...