View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 02:42 PM

Hi All:
I bought a pair of "B stock" ARC250SEs (used in shows(?) and retubed) about 6 months ago, so they were less expensive (but still a lot in any case.) I am trying to justify this as my last major audio purchase (ha ha).

But they are running with an REF6, (now sitting on a card table since I don't have a rack that fits them yet) and they sound quite incredible. With Classical (Beethoven Sonatas, Choral (John Rutter), Vocal (Allison Krauss, Louis and Ella), Jazz (Bill Evans), Rock (Moody Blues - yeah I know that dates me, Lakestreet Dive), Country (Johnson Mountain Boys) and on and on. Every piece of music is a delight, and so wonderful to listen to!

The combination of the REF6 and REF250SEs create music that is so realistic and enjoyable - fast, deep, articulate, spacious, inviting. I am sure that there is better stuff out there, and perhaps for less $$, but I am a happy guy with these pieces. Dave Gordon gave me a private tour of the ARC Factory back in April, and that really did it for me. I am a ham radio operator and it was heaven to watch the workers assembling each piece so carefully and logically. Quite amazing, really, that something could still be made and sold like this gear, in the states, in 2017.

I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you all for your thoughts and opinions on things - very enjoyable to read and connect with you.