View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Marc.......Thank you. Once I have it loaded with music, mastered the app, and have a hundred or more hours on the Aurender N10 I will do a complete review. I have little doubt the performance, sound, and ease of use will surpass my Olive 04HD music server. The N10 has gotten stellar reviews, not to mention they are seen being used in many demo rooms at audio shows. That tells me what the audio professionals think of the Aurender N10.

I have my fingers crossed the N10 will arrive late next week. That gives me plenty of time to keep ripping my library. That chore is rather time consuming. I have done it multiple times with other music servers so am familiar with the drill. The dBpoweramp software is a gem and easy to use. It performs a process called AccurateRip, guaranteeing bit perfect rips of my CD's. The dBpoweramp software takes care of meta data and grabs cover art in high resolution from the Internet and allows the user to search for higher resolution cover art if you wish. You can edit data at will. The software also provides a music converter and a batch converter for mass file conversion. It is a slick program. I purchased the Family Pack ($68.00) that allows me to install dBpoweramp on up to five computers. I am running it on my office PC, the control room PC, and my Sony Vaio laptop. It is slick software that rips to all common file types. I am ripping everything in FLAC.
I use EAC (exact audio copy). It's free and works well. But it's not very fast. And some cds aren't found online so I have to type them in. Only once in a while.