View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
PHC1, how does the Focal Utopia compare to the Audeze LCD-X, 3, and 4?
I had the LCD-X and loved the sound, but I got rid of it due to a major defect.
Also how would you compare the clear to the utopia? I heard the clear at RMAF and loved it, heard the utopia too and hated it... but some headphones I didn't like at the CANJAM initially, I really liked later on.

The Utopia and LCD-4 were the pair that impressed me the most and I focused on going back and forth between the two pairs for close to 2 hrs. Using various genres of music which was easy to do at my local dealer's place with the music server and McIntosh MHA headphone amp, I walked away knowing the Utopia was the pair that I would want to own. If I had not heard and compared the Utopia, I would have walked away thinking I would own the LCD-4. They truly are world class headphones by any definition. I chose the Utopia for a more smoother/balanced presentation and organic, musical flow that was very natural and engaging. The LCD-4 was a bit more jumpy with certain frequencies being emphasized a bit too much but only by comparison to the Utopia. It's a personal preference type of a thing, can't go wrong with either.

I also enjoy my Sennheiser HD600/650 which are on the other end of the spectrum from the Focal Utopia/Elear but of course the Utopia is the pair I reach for most of the time.

Sorry, have not heard the Focal Clear yet so can't comment.

Sorry to hear that you could not resolve the issue and decided to return the LCD-X. I would not give up on Audeze, many own the brand and enjoy them. I plan on adding a few Audeze headphones to my collection in the future.