View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 03:24 AM

Default GAT begat GAT2. ET5 is now old enough to begat ???

OK, any gossip on the inevitable series 2ing of the ET5?

As luck would have it i am still broke from purchasing Valhalla 2 interconnect for my CT5 at the beginning of the year ( which i was listening to just this morning and was thinking how great the system sounds ).

So why am i posting about the future son of ET5 you ask. Well, if it means almost GAT uno performance come a little closer, or even kind of achievable at a more real world price then that has to be worth some gossip/ discussion on the only CJ forum in town.

Moving GAT to a higher plane must leave some performance wriggle room in the next tier down.

What would folks like to see in an ET5 series two? I am in the have cake and eat it also category. I would like to see near as darn it GAT series one level performance , plus i would like to see enhanced casework. Frankly ET5 is a bit of a dull looking box. My CT5 and LP70s twins are probably the most visually attractive models that CJ have made, smarter than even Mr GAT himself I would suggest. Could the ET5 (and a bit) also come with enhance casework?

I know it would still be a mono tube, but maybe could they incorporate the vibe of CT5 in the design. After all, it is more affordable that GAT, but it is still very much a premium product in the pre amp world. Thoughts?