View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 03:22 PM

Hi Dave,

My first hobby was, and is, model railroading and general model building, so it is great to see your username and avatar picture here !

I see models everywhere, whether small scale models of trains, planes, tanks, cars, or whatever, to mathematical models of physical process's, computer programs, and even the 'models' we create of original musical events through our media and audio playback systems.

I think all modeling systems follow some similar simple rules, like (IMNSHO) they follow the mathematical Limit function and may approach a zero difference between prototype and model, but can never actually achieve a true Zero.

(another) Dave

[QUOTE=Mikado463;951104]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post

Hi CLP, my grandfather took the pic of Dad and I back in the summer of '56. Location - 'RB' (River Bridge), Buffalo, NY

The 'model board' in railroad lingo is the schematic track layout / configuration for a given amount of track, usually with the the limits of an interlocking. The board will indicate switch alignment, signal indication, track occupancy, all of which is controlled by the operator within the tower.

In later years when the towers we eliminated, multiples of these locations were controlled by dispatchers remotely located under what is know as centralized traffic control (CTC)