View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:48 PM

Lunchy - Yes, it's quite an impressive kit - and the parts are fantastic. The case is relatively large, and there was always enough room to work. But I did have a few issues.

1. The manual said to take a parts inventory, but since there were so many parts, I didn't, and was missing some parts in the first few steps. So I'd recommend taking an inventory before you start.

2. Also, get a power cord before you start, so you're not waiting with a finished kit like I was, trying to decide on a power cord. For the first 2 weeks, I used the power cord from my soldering iron!

3. I started my build just as AN Kits released a new version of the manual, so there were some issues with the work flow, but nothing serious, just a few times the picture didn't line up with the wording. But Brian at AN Kits was always very responsive to emails and calls, and even stayed on the phone with me during one critical point at the end as I was powering up.

I have only high praise for the support I got from Brian. If you're interested in building a kit, I'd recommend the 4.1LE.

Dave