View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Tony.......I followed the same path as you, starting with a CD player, then preamplifier, power supply, DAC, and power amps. I had Rollerblock Jr's under everything except the power amps. I was not certain I would experience an improvement in performance with the Stillpoints mini's, but sure enough there was improved resolution once installed. The Ultra SS's under my power amplifiers delivered quite a performance bump as well. Like you, I can't figure out an acceptable way to put Ultra SS under my SF Amati Anniversario's with the rake of the base plate and spikes. I don't want to elevate the speakers from their current positions with a slab of marble and then Stillpoints under them. The spikes on my Anniversario bases pierce the carpet and padding and are firmly seated on the concrete slab that is the floor of the studio. Quite frankly, I am satisfied with the sound I'm getting with that arrangement.

Dan - out of interest, does your amps and other components you have used Stillpoints under sit on a decent rack? I use a Quadraspire rack and have questioned whether the Stillpoints would still provide a lift in SQ if used on the rack...