View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
3 sets of minis, for my Linn phono stage, Linn Klmax DSM (preamp/streamer) and Rega turntable power supply; one set of ultra SS for the Linn Klimax power amp. All are black. Right now I have a mix of roller ball juniors and Nordost Sort Kones under these components, so it will be an interesting comparison. I know it's recommended that you start with speakers, but I don't know how I can integrate them with my Amati Futuras yet without elevating them too much.
Tony.......I followed the same path as you, starting with a CD player, then preamplifier, power supply, DAC, and power amps. I had Rollerblock Jr's under everything except the power amps. I was not certain I would experience an improvement in performance with the Stillpoints mini's, but sure enough there was improved resolution once installed. The Ultra SS's under my power amplifiers delivered quite a performance bump as well. Like you, I can't figure out an acceptable way to put Ultra SS under my SF Amati Anniversario's with the rake of the base plate and spikes. I don't want to elevate the speakers from their current positions with a slab of marble and then Stillpoints under them. The spikes on my Anniversario bases pierce the carpet and padding and are firmly seated on the concrete slab that is the floor of the studio. Quite frankly, I am satisfied with the sound I'm getting with that arrangement.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A