Thread: A new G2 owner
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 06:00 AM

I am being looked after by the dealer and the distributor in Australia with my current little issue. I have to say that Vivid have not responded directly to emails despite the fact that I CC'd them in to the conversation. Maybe they were happy for the local guys to handle it. I will find out next week, i just need to arrange a time for them to drop round and replace my problem driver. I'm very happy with the service from the local guys at this point. You would think a simple, thanks for letting us know you had an issue, we are on to it would be appropriate from Vivid. The gap between manufacturer, designer and customer is much smaller these days. I exchanged many emails with Paul Hynes in Scotland who built my systems macbook power supply. Gees, i have even exchange emails with the artists about their music from time to time.

Looking at the broader hifi market these days I think as a high end manufacturer you need to step up to protect your brand image and reputation. Naim Audio do it and i think their customers are pretty loyal as a result, certainly relative to most other brands were customers seem pretty mercenary ( like many manufacturers i guess). Personally i think credit where credit where credit is due. Remember that it would cost much less for a company to do a swap than it would cost us to do the same paying retail. The cost is in the R&D , not necessarily in the replacement item unless shipping is horrendous. With a cosmetic or cone issue i personally would prefer a simple part replacement than a wasteful whole driver replacement, but. It depends on how it is built in the first place.