View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 07:26 PM

My view of this sonic eureka is skeptical.

My skepticism is in the fact that it would probably take at least a 5% audible 'improvement' to be detected by the human ear. McIntosh engineers work hard and long to improve the design of their equipment and I think an improvement that would easily be detected as 'better' would be included in the production line and be considered a solid days work by the engineers. McIntosh could probably design something this simple for $5 or $10 additional cost, maybe less. Yet they don't. Either they are clueless of the improvement (doubtful) or the improvement is in our noggins. Anytime I've peered into a Mac amplifier the wiring doesn't look like anything special, no super duper 'perfect surface copper' or the like.

That said I have replaced the stock jumpers on my MA7000 with the AQ units. Can I hear a sonic improvement? I can't say I can, but they were replaced at the same time as new speakers were installed so it could have been masked. I dunno. These jumpers are only $30 and are a cheap tweak for a $7k or $8k piece of equipment, they may make a difference or they might not.

Last edited by Evitzee; 07-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.