View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 12:17 PM

Smile Multiple Cable Inquiries

I have a few questions about some WW offerings, and I'm trying to keep them generic enough to be beneficial to anyone who might have similar queries in the future.

-I've read that you shouldn't get power cables shorter than 2m here. Is that for anything, or because of something specific in WW cables? If 2m is good, does that make 3m 50% or more better, even if you don't need the length?

-At some point for audiophiles the price escalates a lot for that last 5-10% in improvement. Right now the plan is to get to that 90-95% level, and worry about the rest later. Are the WW silver cables that level, or is there a massive difference between silver and gold? They'll be connecting/powering GoldenEar Triton Reference speakers, a McIntosh MC275 and a C2600. Asking for speaker, interconnect, power, USB, etc. but I'm assuming that threshold will be similar across the board.

-I run most audio and video through my computer. With a USB DAC is there a need to buy a better power cord for my computer?

-I'm putting together a vintage 80s system for use with LDs, cassettes, video games, SVHS, etc. I'm looking at Polk SDA-SRS, Nakamichi Dragon or 1000 series, probably their CA-1 or CA-7 preamp and PA-7. Or possibly one of the better Pioneer Elite cassette decks due to the difference in price. I want it to sound 80s more than I want it to sound audiophile perfect, if that makes. Any recommendations for cables to accomplish this?

Last edited by OccidentalDB; 03-30-2018 at 12:49 PM.