View Single Post
Old 11-25-2016, 12:09 PM

Default Building a setup...

If 3k is your budget I'd personally get a couple of pieces that punch much higher than their price. The Ayre Codex DAC/amp is the best I've heard under 5k and I've heard plenty. It will be just as sweet as the chord in the kids and highs but will have deeper and tuneful bass that you will want. If you are open minded you can get a set of Noble CIEMs or IEMs. They have a 15% off sale today and tomorrow. I auditioned every Audeze can as well as the Focal Elear, Fostex, Beyer and HiFiman 1000 my 2 a couple of weeks ago. The 800 Mk 2 were on my ears and then off within a minute as it had no bass at all. To me it was the same with the Stax too. The Audeze 3 and 4 were the best sounding and way too heavy for comfort. If you can handle how heavy they are you can't go wrong. I liked the three much better than both the X models. I then put in my trusted Noble Savants that cost 500 or so and they were more neutral but with less bass. If I was putting together a system like yours I'd get a pair of the Noble IEMs in the 800 range with the Cidex and be very happy. Some traditionalists will say no way, but I listened and heard a great system.

Last edited by ctsooner; 11-25-2016 at 12:23 PM.