View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
For clarity on cryogenic if there is confusion for some, Nordost does not believe in cryogenic treatment, nor have they done it.
And to be clear on my part, I didn’t claim that Nordost cryogenically treats their cables. However, many individuals do treat their cables, tubes and a variety of other parts up to and including whole components. We have many years of extensive experience with cryogenics and what is appropriate for its application and what is not. Mine is simply a warning to customers to avoid indiscriminate use of cryogenics. Further the type of failure that Toga has shown is typical of this type of failure. Can it be caused by something else - yes, of course. Is it likely to be caused by living in a place with temperatures above 90 degrees? Absolutely not. The ABS, PVC and polycarbonate compounds used to make these connectors are very tolerant of very high temperatures.

I would encourage Toga to contact Nordost and give them the opportunity to make it right. ALL components can and do fail. It is what happens after there is a problem that distinguishes companies with exceptional commitment to its customers. Most manufacturers that I know will go out of their way to make their customers happy.

Cheers,