View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 08:35 AM
Audio,Trains & Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wklie View Post
Lumin U1 or U1 MINI is designed to be compatible to K-01X DSD on both coaxial (DSD64) and USB (DSD128) inputs. In fact its compatibility with Esoteric DAC is equivalent to N-03T. Please make sure Volume Control is disabled in the Lumin app, and set Custom Re-sampling to OFF.

I have a Lumin customer with K-03X that is working, so there is no reason for K-01X to be not compatible. I'll help you if it's still not working for USB input, since you've already got coaxial working.

I'd like to reiterate that when you use coaxial input, please disconnect the USB cable from the Lumin.
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement!!! I will make the adjustments you suggested. I'm very happy with the performance of the coax input, is there an advantage to using USB? Also why disable Custom Re-sampling?

My KO5 was setup just as you mentioned and also worked fine for the 585's internal DAC, they were very close in performance. The KO1x was another story, performance was other-worldly, much-much better.

My dealer has mostly done Lumin models with internal DACs or the U1 mini into an Esoteric (stand alone) DAC. The Levinson 5805 has a newer, better DAC and plays DSD perfectly.

Once again thanks, Sincerely: Tom D.