Thread: Cart Me Baby!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAZ View Post
Tempting, but I just haven't seen a lot of love for them out there - although the Concerto is well reviewed, obviously would have synergy, and there are good trade up programs available. One thing though, watch the cantilever on your cart because they stick way out there and can snag on things and get damaged. Speaking from experience.
Hah I know your pain. Mine was a Koetsu Onyx Platinum, dropped/thrown HARD into a spinning record (without use of cueing lever) by a drunk/angry ex-girlfriend who knew better than to touch any part of that table. My bad for NOT wanting to listen to Pink Floyd all night, I guess.

Stylus protection "wings" wouldn't have helped in that case. The diamond, shank and all, was stripped right off the cantilever and never seen again. With no apparent damage to the cantilever, etc. Fortunately I'd personally put a ton of hours on the Onyx at that point, and got a nice deal on a Koetsu rebuild. It's now back with me, still very low hours, and sounding better than ever

If I didn't hit a woman in that incident (I didn't), then I know I never will under any circumstances, so that's cool I guess.

Last edited by mulveling; 01-25-2018 at 04:48 PM.