View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Very nice. Am guessing you are looking forward to getting the 401 "dialed in". Beautiful looking piece.
My 12" arm armboard parts are finally "in the mail" from Kuzma. Looking forward to getting the arm installed and listening to the SPU Diam.17 cartridge.
Good luck with that Formerly YB-2.

Today I tried to use the step-up transformer but some how there was so much hum so it was not possible to play with it. I tried every trick in the book to solve it except to disconnect the ground from the powecable to the Riaa.
Therefore i dit not use it in this test. No big deal because Röcklinger Riaa can handle SPU MC Pickup.

The Ortofon TA-120 12" arm is great. Extremely easy to change pick and get it in the modified right position. The VTA setting on the fly with micrometer screw makes VTA moderation wonderfully easy. As the tracking force.

SPU pickup listening test...

I listen to a lot of different recordings and genres.

SPU Royal G MKII, Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 stylus is a sharp one. Near the cuttinghead. The sound is a, bitt more open with great speed. Fast transients and great bottom end. It digs deep booth in the grooves and in the frequencies.

SPU Classic GE MKII. Nude eliptical stylus a bit mor rounded stylus. More laid back, great midrange. powerfull. Harsh sound in recordings gets much more listenable. Good one this also.

Verdict after many hours of listening.
5 days a week Royal.
2 days a week Classic.